OLAT (Online Learning And Training) is a web-based open-source Learning Management System (LMS) based on Java and completely free of charge.
The development of OLAT started in 1999 at the University of Zurich, Switzerland, where it is the strategic learning management system and deployed on the main OLAT server. The University of Zurich leads the further development and has a team of 12 developers pushing OLAT to the next level.
See the OLAT feature list or the documentation section to get more information about OLAT.’
OLAT main features:
- It is open-source and therefore free of charge
- The Java-based framework can handle over 700 students simultaneously on one standard Linux server
- OLAT uses cutting-edge AJAX/Web 2.0 technology
- It is multilingual (UTF8) and offers translations for over 15 languages
- OLAT supports eLearning standards such as SCORM, IMS Content Packaging or QTI