1st Global Conference Experiential Learning in Virtual Worlds (Call for Papers), 20th–22nd March 2011, Prague, Czech Republic. The aim of this conference will be to examine formal and informal learning in virtual worlds in an attempt to critique both its essential characteristics and its future possibilities. Teachers of all levels, university faculty, virtual world players, researchers, and others interested in what happens in virtual worlds and what it means for us as humans are invited to participate.
Being such a broad topic, Experiential Learning in Virtual Worlds defies a definitive list of sub-topics. The following list is indicative of some of the topics covered:
- Skill development in MMORPGs
- Online communities, formal and informal
- Case studies of experimental projects
- Art of building a virtual persona
- Emerging technologies within Higher Education
- International technology challenges
- Blended Learning approaches
- Metrics and assessment in virtual worlds
- New forms of testing in virtual worlds
- Organizational issues/strategies in Virtual education
300 word abstracts should be submitted by 1st October 2010.