ePortfolio and Digital Identity Conference, Montreal, 5-7 May 2008. The 2nd Pan-American and Francophone ePortfolio conference is being organised by EIfEL in partnership with the Centre for the Study of Learning and Performance (CSLP) at Concordia University, the Centre de Recherche en Informatique de Montréal (CRIM) and HR-XML. It will take place at Concordia University on 5-7 May 2008. This year’s special focus will be on ePortfolio and digital identity extending the concept of the ePortfolio and exploring the link between the records and services that contribute to the emergence of a digital identity.
Keynote speakers confirmed to date include Stephen Downes of the National Research Council, Canada, Helen Barrett, International ePortfolio Consultant, Fulup Ar Foll, Sun Microsystems and Serge Ravet, EIfEL.
Tracks will be run in French and English. Presenters and authors are invited to submit an abstract (500 to 750 words) of their contributions by 21st February 2008 on the following themes:
1. Lifelong learning and employability
2. Building systems of recognition and accreditation with ePortfolios
3. Exploiting the full potential of digital identity
4. ePortfolio architectures and advanced technologies
5. Designing ePortfolio strategies within regions and sectors
6. Managing knowledge with ePortfolios
Proposals for presentations and workshops are welcomed. Papers will also be published on the conference website.